The Broadcast tool allows you to send Bulk Messages and Bulk RVMs (Ringless Voicemail) to your contacts for promotional and marketing purposes. This page shows you the history of your previous bulk messages as well as the ones you are currently running.
To learn more about how you can create a bulk message, see this article.
Bulk messages are not available on all accounts and require prior approval from us. Make sure you read our acceptable use policy (link) and send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this feature.
In Activity Graph you can see the Bulk Messages and Bulk RVM that you have sent before and the number of the customers you sent these to. The default time span for this plot is 1 week.
Note: Naming convention would be Type of broadcast - Date and Time the broadcast started - Time zone (eg. Bulk Message - 2020-11-13:14:04-America/New York)
On this page, you can filter broadcasts by their statuses. A list of statuses is given below, by default, this page shows all your broadcasts.
- New - Shows all broadcasts that are newly created and pending contract enrollment. Contact enrollment happens 1 minute after creation.
- Enrolling - Shows all the broadcast with contacts that are being enrolled, Sometimes this takes a while to be enrolled if you have many contacts. Note: After enrolment, It will automatically send the message without waiting for the other contacts to be enrolled.
- Sent - The broadcast has finished sending and is completed.
- Paused - Shows all the broadcast that has been paused and stop sending - you can unpause them to continue sending messages.
- All - Shows all the broadcast
On Broadcast Overview, it will show you the following:
- ID - ID number of the broadcast
- Name - Name of the Broadcast: Naming convention would be Type of broadcast - Date and Time the broadcast started - Time zone (eg. Bulk Message - 2020-11-13:14:04-America/New York)
- Tag - shows you the tag you selected after adding a new Bulk Message or Bulk RVM. The only time you see this one is when a broadcast is sent using a tag.
- Send on - shows you what time of the day during the broadcast is sending (eg. Business Hours or All hours)
- Current Status - shows you the status of the broadcast if it is New, Enrolling, Sent and Paused
- Line Used - shows you the line you use and selected after adding a new Bulk Message or Bulk RVM
- Pending Tasks - shows you the tasks that are left to be sent by the broadcast. Some broadcasts are huge, and Aloware will throttle them down to be compliant.
- Total number of tasks - shows you the total number of contacts the broadcast is supposed to send messages to.
- Engagement - shows you the number of contacts that replies back in percentage. We calculate any "non-unsubscribe" reply as an engagement rate.
- Unsubscribed - shows you the contacts that were unsubscribed in the broadcast, because they replied with "STOP" or "UNSUBSCRIBE".
- Activity - shows you all the communication of that broadcast and the list of contacts
- Activate - When the broadcast is paused, you will see the activate button to let you resume the sending of the broadcast to the contacts.
- Paused - When the broadcast is activated, you will see the paused button to let you stop the sending of the broadcast to the contacts. Pause is only for new broadcasts
How does Aloware calculate the response rate?
Aloware calculates the response rate by the (total number of replies divide it by the total number of sent) multiplied by 100. (50/100)*100. Only sent broadcasts are considered, and it doesn’t use failed messages to calculate the metrics. For the unsubscribed contacts, Aloware calculates it by the number of contacts replied with "STOP" or "UNSUBSCRIBE".