Importing Contacts from File
Most data-driven salespeople today keep a stash of lists of interested prospects to engage with. Every day new businesses buy lists of prospects to cold call later. CRMs keep lead data for analytics, assignment, and engagement. All this data can be imported into Aloware through the CSV file.
Import contacts from file
Importing contacts to Aloware is easy. Follow these steps below.
Go to Contacts from the Dashboard
Click Import Contacts
From the Import Wizard window, you can Drag and Drop the file or click on Upload from Computer.
Sample Contacts Template can be downloaded by clicking on the Download Contacts Template
Download and Fill-in our contacts Template File. You can manipulate the data in excel. Aloware looks for the following columns, in this particular order:
- First Name / Last Name: contact’s name (optional). It can be left blank (but column must be present). You can later use this information to personalize your messages.
- Phone Numbers (required): This field must be present and uniquely identifies the contact within Aloware. Numbers should be in the same format before importing your data. If you have international contacts, please include the country code, like “+1 818-740-5020”. This is the only mandatory field.
- Company Name (optional)
- Email Address (optional): Populates a field on Aloware that connects the lead to widely used CRMs, such as Pipedrive and Hubspot.
- Date Of Birth (optional): to run birthday campaigns. Leave blank if unavailable.
- Notes (optional): this populates the notes section of Aloware Contacts.
- City (optional)
- State (optional)
- Country (optional)
- Zip Code (optional)
- CSF1 (optional) – Custom field 1
- CSF2 (optional) – Custom field 2
- Disposition Status (optional)
Click on Next Step then review your data.
Click on Next Step and complete Step 4 - Settings
Treat this as a DNC list
This will set imported contacts to DNC (Do Not Call) and is not reversible.
Update existing contacts
Override the original existing contact data with what's in the CSV file?
Save unknown columns
Columns that are not set will be saved to the contact's notes
Multiple contacts for each phone number
Creates a separate contact for each phone number found in the file.
LineSelect the line that you want to import the contacts to.
UserSelect the owner that you want to assign to the contacts (optional).
SequenceSelect the sequence that you want to enroll in the contacts to (optional).
TagsSelect tags that you want to assign to the contacts (optional). Aloware creates a tag based on the date and time when you import your contacts. This tag will be visible on the Contacts page and you can search filter, or sort using this tag. Best of all, the tag enables you to send a bulk SMS blast to this very list right away.
After completing the settings, click Start Import.
After importing the contacts, you can check the status by going to Account then select Imports
Please contact us via email email@example.com if you have an unusually large list, and your list contains custom data or if you wish to delete recently imported contacts. We would be happy to assist with large lists, custom attributes, or inter-app imports.
Importing Contacts Status
Draft - Unfinished import contacts
Pending - Import in-progress
Failed - Import failed
Finish - Import successful
Click on the vertical Ellipsis to run the import or delete the import.