Contacts are the most fundamental object in Aloware your users see and can interact with. Aloware gives you the ability to customize what Contacts your users see, based on their role and permissions you set below.
Note that by default, users will see all the communications from the contacts they have access to.
By default, all users have access to all contacts. You can set more granular permissions in the Visibility Settings tab > Contacts Visibility, for each user.
Customizing user's view
Go to Users and select the user you want to configure. In user settings, click on Contacts Visibility dropdown menu to control the set of contacts a user can see and interact with:
- The options are Everything, Ring Group only, and Owned only.
- Users with Owned only visibility settings will only see their own contacts on the contacts page.
- Users with Ring Group only visibility settings will only see contacts that have interacted with a Ring Group the user belongs to, essentially creating a Team view.
- When selecting Ring Group only or Owned only, you may select the Unassigned checkbox to allow the user to see unassigned contacts.
- Unassigned contacts are contacts that are not assigned to a ring group or a user.
How do users get to own a contact
In Aloware, there are multiple ways a user can own a contact. We have listed a few examples below:
- Self prospecting: A contact doesn't exist in Aloware, and your user finds their phone number online and makes a call or sends a text to that user.
- Inbound calls: A contact doesn't exist in Aloware, and they call into one of your lines, and your user picks up the call.
- Manually creating a contact using the Add Contact button.
- An import by an Admin and direct assignment to a user.
- Sync from a connected CRM with the user being the owner.
Our current clients take advantage of this new tool to tremendously improve their processes by limiting (or allowing) different sets of contact visibility rules to their users.
- Everything: Admins & Supervisors usually use Everything since they need to see all the contacts regardless of who owns it.
- Ring Group only: Support teams use Ring Group only to share contact information between teams while ensuring siloed teams' view is not cluttered with irrelevant stuff.
- Owned only: Sales Reps would be a great example of this visibility setting since they need to have their own list of contacts and they do not share the information between each other.
Line Visibility Limit
As we said above, users will see all the communications from the contacts they have access to unless they have line visibility limitations. Here you can set a limitation on lines that you want your users to see. Select Limit user's line visibility checkbox and move the lines from the available list to the current list to enable the restrictions.
Note: If you don't select any lines while this setting is enabled, your users will lose access to all calls and texts!