Aloware lets admins add extensions for better customer service. Assign to users for easy access. Add extensions to ring groups in your Aloware account.
Aloware allows for the addition of extension numbers, which can enhance customer service across your company. These extensions provide a direct way for callers to reach specific users, streamlining the communication process.
Only admins in Aloware can add and assign extension numbers.
Assigning an Extension Number to a User
Assigning an extension number to a user or agent simplifies contact access, eliminating the need to navigate an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system.
- In your Aloware account, navigate to the Users menu.
- Select the user from the Users page.
- Click on Settings > Inbound Call Settings.
- In the Extension section, select an extension number to assign to the user.
Admins can provide callers with the option to dial the agent's extension before connecting to the IVR or a group of agents.
Adding a Phone Number Extension to Ring Groups
To add a phone number extension to ring groups, you must first create an extension from the Users menu.
- Go to the Users menu, and click the "+Add Extension" button in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- A pop-up window labeled "Add Extension" will appear.
- Fill in the following details:
- Label - Give your extension a name that's easily understood by you and your team.
- Phone Number
- Click the "+Create Extension" button.
To integrate this extension into Ring Groups:
- Go to the Ring Groups menu.
- You can choose to create a new ring group or configure an existing one.
- Select the phone number extension you previously created in the sequence layers.
- Click "Save."